My name is Karina Oliveira; My family and friends call me Nina for short, hence the name of my blog!
I was born in Brazil, but grew up in a small town named Tooele. I’m a mom of two kiddos and girlfriend to a Brazilian Boy.
I’m a full time College Student currently working towards my Fitness & Nutrition Degree.
Over the Summer I had the opportunity to study abroad. I was in Peru for a week, and got to explore as well as learn more about their culture. We had the opportunity to volunteer at a Special Education School. That was one of the hardest, most rewarding experiences of my life! As soon as I came back home, I decided to go back to school full time so I can finish my degree. I truly believe in Early Education! I think that it can really make a difference in a child’s life.
I started blogging about 10 years ago. I had a few different blogs through the years. After taking a break all together I decided to come back full force with this lifestyle blog.
I’m truly passionate about Health and Fitness; when I look at today’s Society, I see children that are overweight, glued to their electronics, and rarely spend their time outside. This is one of the main reasons I chose to pursue my Fitness & Nutrition Degree. If I can just make a difference in one child’s life, then I know that I’ve done my part.
Thank you for reading, and welcome to to my Blog!
Random facts about me:
- I have Ophidiophobia.
- I’m obsessed with PANDAS
- I love to Sing & Dance
- I’m a FOODIE at heart
- I’m a HUGE Harry Potter nerd
- I love MUSIC! Anything from Luke Bryan, The Beatles to Backstreet Boys
- I love to travel! Specially with my Sister
- Everyone in my family is either a SOCCER player, or a huge soccer fan. I’m both!
- I love Brazilian Food. A few years back I self-published a Brazilian cookbook (a new one is coming out this year)
- Last but not least, Daniel and I are partners/business owners (more info on this soon)