Chocolate & Wine are one of my most favorite combinations. How can one go wrong with that?
I have never been a big drinker as a matter of fact, I am very light weight when it comes to alcohol. Unless we are talking about wine. I can turn on sweet romantic melodies, drink wine, and make a delicious meal. Add dancing in the kitchen with Daniel, and we have the most perfect night!
Music moves my soul… It puts me into the best mood. Here are my recommendations for today’s post:
My Girl – The Temptations
Stand By Me – Ben E King
Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
Take My Breathe Away – Berlin
More Than Words – Extreme
Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
Listen To Your Heart – Roxette
Much Too Young, To Feel This Damn Old – Garth Brooks
Today I’m sharing with you one of my most favorite recipes. The best part about it is that even if you don’t drink wine you can enjoy this deliciousness because the alcohol gets baked and you are left with a yummy combination of chocolate and wine. Quick tip: Make sure that you buy DRY red wine(any brand will do). It won’t taste as good if you get a different version.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups dry red wine ( I used Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350; Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. In a bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat for 2 minutes longer. Working in two batches, alternately fold in the dry ingredients and the wine, until just incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack; let cool completely.
I hope that you enjoy this delicious cake! Try if for your next night in with your loved one 🙂